MORE ABOUT DEBRA
I am an integrative counsellor with experience of working with adults, children, adolescents, young people and couples covering a wide range of issues such as depression, abuse, anxiety, bereavement, low self confidence, eating disorders, stress, bullying, addictions, mental health, relationship issues and more.
I am a member of BACP, BACP CYP, and an associate member of PTUK. I adhere to their guidelines and ethical framework and I am currently working towards accreditation.
I also have recently been approved to be on the first psychological therapists' register to be accredited under the new scheme set up by the Department of Health. It has been approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
I work with clients Individually, Skype, Email, Telephone and Text. I have a private, confidential room and see clients from Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Cambridge and Peterborough, and surrounding towns and villages.
I work with children, adolescents, young people, adults, and couples, offering one off sessions, short term and long term counselling.
I am continually committed to continuous professional development which enables me to offer the best service that I can to my clients.
TYPES OF CLIENTs
Employee Assistance Programme
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Higher National Diploma in Counselling Level 4
- Certificate in Motivational Therapeutic Interventions Level 4
- Certificate in Couple Counselling Course
- Creative Arts Therapy Training (Accredited by PTUK)
- Skills and Theory for Counselling Young People NQF level 3 (Accredited by PTUK)
- Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Ascentis Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Counselling Skills and Theory NCFE Level 2
- Choices Counsellor Training - Understanding the Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Child Protection Training
- First Aid Training
- CRB Checked
Further to my existing qualifications, I often undertake additional courses and classes to continue my professional self-development, which enables me to offer the best service that I can to my clients.